Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vesak Day..... yay~~~

9th May 2009.... the day when the moon shows her light the brightest.... The day that indicated the day the Buddha was borned, received enlightenment and passed away.... Yap, it is the Vesak day.. We had some activities during the day and the night before it......

So, let's start with Vesak eve. We went to SJBA temple to as volunteers to help the preparation for the day. We prepared alot of things start from drinks, oil lamp, to bringing things. And at the night, we had night Puja..... At that time, I realized, how shallow I know and understand my religion. I wished I had more time to learn and practice it as much as I can. I think I should start it from my mom. She practice it alot and is a full-time vegetarian now. Well, maybe I can't become full-time vegetarian now, but I think I can start from practicing it. haha... Anyways, I also light some oil lamp for me and family wishing for blessing as my family in hometown didn't light one. :D
Colin is in action...XD

Some of the oil lamp.....

On D-day, we went to Brickfield to join Vesak Day Parade there. And boy, how tired it was. I feel like we had somekind of mini pilgrimage. LOL... We had to walk accross the Bukit Bintang area. Jimmy told me it looks like "10K Maraton" that was held in my hometown couple years ago. LOL. Long story short, we managed to finished it and I can see that everyone was enjoying it despite the tiredness. Anyways, thanks to Sunway Buddhist Society for organizing the event. Nevermind about the size of the bus ( I kinda feel that Jessy felt so bad because of the bus). In the end, everyone enjoyed it and came back safely. Unfortunately I think this maybe the last time I will celebrate this day here because (hopefully) I will finish my study at the end of this year and will be somewhere else at this time next year.
3 of us....:D

some of our group...

chan and his tausa bau in his mouth...nyammmm

me and edi... too bad it was too left...:(

Another group.... group of photographers...:D

our 'Tarabuddy group..... :D

another 'Tarabuddy group....

Okay la, so it is 2.46 AM now, I have to go sleep. But after I convert some photos and post them here. :D....Anyhow, good night, have good dream my readers and sukhihotu (means may you be well and happy always)...

H42

No comments: